Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 3-Felt like Day 1

Day 3 felt like Day 1 of school.  It was my first day of many in the kitchen and boy do I have a lot to learn.  I felt like I knew some kitchen stuff but when I started in the prep station today I knew that I had a long way to go.  I worked with some great people and they were so patient with me.  I need to work on my knife cutting skills as I am really slow and don't quite know how to make it look as good as they do. 

Fun story:  I was following the gentleman that was teaching me and we went to the freezer to get something (I don't remember what it was).  I didn't realize that the freezer had a step to get inside, so when I met the step I almost ate it.  But the story gets better...the team does a great job of keeping things clean so the bottom of my pants were wet all day.  As we were standing in the freezer I had to pull really hard on my pants to get them loose from the ground because they were frozen.

The day got better after that and I had some time to work on my workbook.  I also spoke to my Training Support person and learned a few more things.  She was full of information but to be honest at 4 something in the afternoon my brain was fried from the amount of information I was given.  I also got some chill time with Becky...she seems like a pretty cool person, to bad she has to leave.  OH YEAH!!!!  J.P.T. will be coming to work with me for some time and I can't wait to have him here.  BTW J.P.T. I'm not sharing my washer and dryer with you.

It will be early to bed for me tonight as tomorrow will be a long day.  I am going to work at 7 and will be going home for Hockey and then back here to be at work on Sunday at 7.  I still have to go to Wal-mart to get some white t-shirts, I was able to get away with my sports bra at my old store but my new boss told me a story about a guy that was told to get white shirts and never came back.  I guess I really need those white shirts, I also need some socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment